Here are some basic tips for all you new people, or for those looking to increase the conversion rate on their lead capture pages. This is not really anything new and revolutionary if you’ve been in the game for a while, but I always get questions on how people can increase their conversion rate, so here are some FREE tips for you! Oh, and these are of course general tips that may or may not apply to specific campaigns…
1. The headline is the most important thing on the page. If that doesn’t capture their attention, they won’t read the rest. Use a red headline, and use quotation marks. The red color is a signal color, and the quotation marks signal importance. Try it!
2. The headline should convey the main benefit that your prospect is going to get from visiting your page. Here is where lots of people fail, because they list the features of the product or service, when the visitor is really more interested in the benefits – the good old “what’s in it for me?”
3. In your copy, pair the features with the benefits. For example for bullet points, what most people do is:
This Product Has This Cool Thing
It’s Tested And Proven
when they should be doing:
This Product Has This Cool Thing – And This Is What That Means To You
It’s Tested And Proven – So That You Can Enjoy The Same Benefits As…
4. If you use a video capture page, don’t forget to autoplay the video (meaning it starts right when they load the webpage). Also, what usually works best is if it’s placed on the left side, with the opt-in box to the right. For the video, it HAS TO start with an introduction that explains what it contains and why the heck they should view it (benefits, anyone?)… much like a headline. The intro delivery should not take more than 7-10 seconds. Capture them!
5. You’ve probably seen this on lots of CPV/PPC landing pages, and it’s because it works:
Put an arrow that points to the opt-in form. This will both make a connection between the copy/video, and it will emphasize the importance of filling out that form.
6. Last but not least, don’t forget to keep it clean. No bling bling, no weird fonts, no graphics that will take the attention away from what they’re there for (filling out the opt-in, duh), and don’t use language that your prospects won’t understand (very common mistake).
Now go out and test your new knowledge, and send 10% of your increased profits to my account… Or come join us at ListPlayBook.com and we’ll teach you how to build a massive list and even more cool ways to increase conversions… Was that just a shameless plug? You bet!